Rally and action 10 am to 12 noon on Friday, Nov. 28 at WM on Guide Meridian in Bellingham.
The national OUR Walmart GOAL is $15 an Hour and Full-Time.
STRATEGY AND TACTICS FOR FRIDAY
- Gather at 10 am at the bus stop in front of WM on Meridian.
- Send 2 or more people to each driveway entrance giving flyers to shoppers who come in. Kristin will find out if the OUR Walmart group creates a leaflet or we create it.
- Launch “waves” of people in cadres of 4 or 5 who go into the store with stickers on and push carts showing support for WM workers.
- Each wave stays inside 15 minutes (or until evicted) and then another wave goes in
- When a “wave” comes out, they will stand in front of the store holding signs.
- Groups committing so far with the leaders for that group are:
Whatcom Dems (Abe & Carole)
NW WA CLC (Betsy)
Whatcom Peace & Justice (Larry & Karen)
SEIU 1199NW (Judy)
Familias Unidas (Ramon Torres)
United Steelworkers (Marv)
- Sign making party on Nov. 18 at 5:30 at the Labor Hall.
- We may have small cards (business-card size) thanking WM workers that we can give to workers in the store. We discussed that many workers will be fearful and not want to take anything from us & we will respect that.
- Delegation going into store to meet with manager–delegation made up of a representative from each group participating. I think the AFL-CIO has a letter we can use. This visit to the manager will trigger a call to Bentonville.